.ASIA TLD fulfils a market need and a dream: market needs in a dynamically growing community, and a dream to have a unified front that improves international recognition and regional competitiveness to balance the global forces.
With over 60% of the world’s population (and over 90 languages), Asia is a region that is experiencing tremendous economic, cultural and technical growth. Asia has begun to emerge from its financial and economic problems of the 1990s; at this critical juncture of rejuvenation, a special, dedicated domain can help players in the region to realize their global citizenship as well as the potential for regionally targeted efforts.
Leveraging the successful experience of existing Asia community initiatives, DotAsia Organisation aspires to bring together the Pan-Asia and Asia-Pacific region. A regionally dedicated domain can help cement a common regional identity that will be reinforced by the reinvestment of registry proceeds into further development for the region. While a single domain registry cannot solve all of the macro issues in the region, this initiative nevertheless seeks to contribute to the realization that regional collaboration will lead to stronger global competitiveness among Pan-Asia and Asia-Pacific corporations, economies and people.
.ASIA Selling Points
Access the most dynamic region with ONE domain - Top 5 reasons for registering a .ASIA domain
1. .ASIA is a natural fit for web content / audience related to Asia and is already adopted by businesses, celebrities and brands.
- Consider using .ASIA when your website, your brand or your market has anything to do with Asia. It is a natural web extension that echoes your content and speaks directly to your target audience. A .Asia domain name instantly turns your brand into an Asia-friendly name.
2. Secure, reliable and easy to register without government restrictions or complex registration process compared to some ccTLDs within the region.
3. Improve search ability and visibility for searches relevant to the Asian market
- Keyword domains make a difference in search result rankings. The term “Asia” is a frequently searched keyword. Making use of a .Asia domain may improves SEO organically for searches related to Asia
4. Save on cost without having to register multiple country-code-top-level-domains within the region
5. Help bridge the digital divide - Every .Asia registration helps fund community work in Asia.
- Since its launch in 2008 .Asia has been proactively contributing to the Internet community in Asia through projects such as One Laptop Per Child (www.OLPC.asia) and other numerous meaningful initiatives.
Make a difference today, get your .Asia domain and help us bridge Asia's digital divide.
.ASIA Internationalized Domain Name (IDN): Now open !
EuroDNS is one of the first Registrars officially accredited by the .ASIA Registry to allow private individuals and companies to apply for internationalized .ASIA Domain Names (‘IDN’).
For the avoidance of doubt as well as for any aspect of the Sunrise and Landrush process not covered in this document, you agree that you have read and understood the official Policy Document provided by the .ASIA Registry at : http://dot.asia/policies/DotAsia-IDN-Sunrise-Policies-COMPLETE--2011-04-19.pdf
General conditions to get Internationalized ‘dotAsia’ Domain names
To obtain a ‘dotAsia’ Internationalized Domain name from the .ASIA Registry prior to the General Availability Period, the applicant (you!) must meet the criteria set-out by the Registry. This apply both for the Sunrise and Landrush periods.
.Asia IDN registration is open to any company or individual with a contact in the Asia Pacific Region that can establish a “Charter Eligibility Declaration” (CED for short). The CED can be the Administrative Contact or the Billing Contact (the Technical Contact remains EuroDNS).