How to create your own website easily with WordPress CMS
The right content management system (CMS) will help you create your own website easily and, for many, WordPress is the ultimate CMS. A CMS isn’t required to run your website, but WordPress, available through our two web hosting plans, sure makes the job easier. 30 percent of all websites run on WordPress for good reason!
Why use a CMS to create your own website?
Nearly 2 billion websites populate today’s Internet - 1.65 billion if you want to be precise. But, of course, it’s not as if all of those sites have been coded into existence by programmers. Far from it.
Around half of these sites have been created with a Content Management System - CMS, for short. As the name suggests, a content management system enables you to manage your website’s digital content.
A CMS offers numerous benefits, allowing you to create your own website easily:
- Build a working website without much – or, even, any – programming experience
- Easily insert and upload all of your web content onto specific pages
- Team collaboration features allow multiple users to add, edit, or update content
- Includes SEO tool and plugins that help your site rank better in search engines
- Security plugins and tools protect your website from threats
- Time and cost-effective – no need for calling in a web designer or developer
- Site maintenance can be performed quickly, usually with just a few button clicks
WordPress, arguably the best known CMS on the market, provides all that and more. Here's why so many users find it the best option for setting up, securing, and maintaining their websites.
WordPress is the world's #1 CMS
Top Performing CMS
WordPress remains one of the most popular CMSs around. Nearly 30 percent of all websites run on WordPress, with an estimated 500 new websites developed daily on the platform. It's no wonder WordPress currently controls 60 percent of the CMS market.
Because WordPress is open source, it is constantly being updated and upgraded. Since its inception over a decade ago, WordPress has undergone 32 major versions, and new updates are released, on average, twice yearly.
Unlike other CMS’s (Drupal, for example), no coding skills are needed to get started using WordPress. Some very basic knowledge of HTML is useful but, really, anyone can jump right into WordPress. It's that easy to use.
WordPress is used on 30 percent of the world’s top 10 million websites, which tells you just how versatile it is. From simple blog style sites to small business and complex e-commerce sites, you can create any website you want with WordPress.
WordPress has more plugins than any other CMS – 50+ K. Anti-spam filters, SEO tools, popup modules, interactive image plugins. And WordPress’s development team is always updating these plugins, not to mention providing new ones.
Access WordPress through your web hosting plan
EuroDNS offers two Plesk web hosting plans – Core Shared Hosting and Advanced Hosting. (Take a look at our web hosting comparison page to learn more about each plan’s unique features.) You can access the WorkPress Toolkit through Plesk’s control panel.
The WordPress ToolKit gives you everything you need to easily create your website and manage it without any stress:
- Once-click installer to set up, configure, and manage your WordPress CMS
- Test new features before pushing them – no plugins needed
- Stage, clone, sync and perform other complex tasks with one click
- Security scanner provides additional protection against threats
- Monitor and run your website from a single dashboard
- WP-CLI, maintenance, debugging, and search engine indexing features
Create your own website easily with WordPress!
To install the WordPress ToolKit and get started using all it's great features, take a look at Plesk's Administrator Guide (and spend a few minutes watching the tutorial video above). Plesk's easy-to-use guide will walk you through the steps you'll need to take to install and manage WordPress.
Good luck with your project and be sure to let us know if we can provide further assistance with your WordPress set up! We understand that you want to create your own website easily, quickly, and with help if you need it. Don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support team by phone, email, or live chat for answers to any questions you may have.