How to enable your free Open-Xchange email account
Every EuroDNS domain name registered since May 2011 comes with a free hosted Open-Xchange (OX) email service that boosts communication and securely stores your documents. If you haven’t already signed up, this article will help you get started...
OX mail integrates email, calendar, contacts, task management, and document sharing; it has unique teamwork features including team view, single password sign in, shared calendars and much more.
Trust & security come as standard
Because the email address is personalised to your domain name it instils trust, it's also more secure. You can access from any mobile or on-premise device through all common browsers. More benefits include:
- Synchronisation with MS Outlook, Mac/OS, CRM, and mobile devices (iPhone, BlackBerry…).
- Heightened security with virus & spam protection, and connection encryption.
- Secure email archiving.
- Personalised to your domain name and email address.
Choose a starter or business package
To activate your mailbox you first need to subscribe to an OX package, either the Starter or Business. The Starter pack is included free with your domain name, but if you'd like more storage and control over your calendars and tasks, then the Business package may suit you better. If you choose this package, you'll be asked to enter the number of months you'd like to start the service with.
Creating your Open-Xchange package
- In your EuroDNS account click on DOMAIN NAMES > ACTIVE.
- Move the cursor over the domain name and click on Manage, to the right.
- Under Addons, click on BUY MAILBOX, then click on + BUY A NEW MAIL.
- Select Starter or Business mailbox and click ADD TO CART (remember, a Starter pack is free).
- Select the domain name to attach the mailbox to.
- If you selected the free Starter pack and you feel that you need more, you can enter the number of premium mailboxes in the field Paying. If you chose a Business pack, enter the number of mailboxes.
- To use your mail package, the MX records of your domain name will be automatically updated to mx.ecloudpanel.com.
- Click on Review and Payment, follow the procedure on the payment page to place your order.
Creating your Open-Xchange mailbox
- In your EuroDNS account go to PRODUCTS > OX MAIL.
- Move the cursor to the domain name concerned and click View, then click Manage.
- Under Subscription, ensure you've selected the right domain name, click on Mailboxes, then Add New Mailbox.
- Enter the display name of your mailbox in the Display name.
- Check the box Login existing domain and enter the name of the mailbox below. Enter and confirm your password. Click Next.
- Click Next again, then click on Finish to create your mailbox.
You can use your usual email provider (Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail...) or wireless device (iPhone, Windows Mobile, Palm...) by using the following settings:
- POP3 Server: pop3.ecloudpanel.com
- IMAP Server: imap.ecloudpanel.com
- SMTP Server: SMTP.ecloudpanel.com
All these services can be accessed using default port:
- POP default port: 110
- IMAP default port: 143
- SMTP default port: 25 or 587
Please note that outgoing mail server (SMTP) requires authentication.
Alternatively, you can access your mail in your Internet browser, then enter your email address in the username field and your password.