Why you should SWITCH your .CH to EuroDNS before March 2015
In March 2015, the .CH registry in Switzerland (SWITCH) will end its role as registrar and give its full attention to the operation of the registry. Customers owning .CH domain names will need to find a new registrar. Trying to find a new registrar can be a daunting prospect and we'd strongly recommend beginning the process now to avoid the possible chaos of this mass migration. EuroDNS is here to help by offering our advice and services.
Transfer your .CH domains to a secure place
The .CH registry in Switzerland currently offers a twin service, that of a registry and a registrar. As a registry it maintains the .CH domain name database. Its role of registrar means it offers a registration service similar to EuroDNS but for rather less than our impressive 600+ domains.
March 2015 mass migration
Over one million .CH domain names will begin migrating early next year and to ensure a smooth transfer, and the ongoing security of your domain names, we offer our services as your new registrar. Why EuroDNS? Take a look!
- EuroDNS has a multilingual team and website offering English, French, German, and Spanish.
- We have over ten years of domain industry experience and manage over 500 domains.
- We offer two-step verification as an added layer of protection to safeguard your personal information and prevent hackers from hijacking your domain names.
- You can choose to hide your personal information and protect against identity theft, spammers and scammers by opting into our brand new WHOIS domain privacy feature.
- Additional services include: web hosting, free email address with each domain name, a personal account manager, superior website performance and extra security with Professional DNS.
How to transfer your .CH domains to EuroDNS
If you’re a new customer initially you will need to create a EuroDNS account,it’s very simple. Just fill in your username and think of a good password, click the green button and you're done. Then follow the steps below:
- Go to the domain transfer page and enter the .CH domain names you wish to transfer.
- Configure your domains with any additional services you'd like, and add your contact details and name server profiles.
- You will need to ask your current registrar for the appropriate authorisation codes to complete your transfer.
- Save your settings, review your request, and then complete your payment.
Simple as that, welcome to EuroDNS!
If you would like to talk about your options, please contact us and we can discuss the whole process.
Domain industry jargon
- Registry - A registry manages a country’s domain space, ensuring its stability and security. For example: AFNIC in France, DENIC in Germany, and Nominet in the UK.
- Registrar - A company, such as EuroDNS, that provides domain name registration and other services to its customers. They act on their customers’ behalf, as a mediator with the registry.